Food Poisoning Blues? No Need with Health Insurance!
August into September is a great time to have family cookouts before the summer is over. It’s time to get the juiciest meat and freshest veggies to roast them up on the grill! Perhaps a little bit of fresh seafood too! The griller better be ready to cook everything to your liking, and thoroughly! Too many people fall victim to food poisoning. Some cases may be minor, but it is not unheard of to be taken to a hospital if you get it bad! From cooking meat thoroughly to having health insurance in Mississippi, there are plenty of ways to avoid this! Here are a few:
1. Avoid raw or undercooked eggs and meat
2. Grill thoroughly until there is hardly any pink left to the meat
3. Make sure you know where the seafood you are eating is coming from – it must be fresh!
4. Avoid thawing foods at room temperature
5. Handle raw meat carefully- be careful not to put it near any other food and watch for the juice drippings! If you drip on the counter and then someone puts down a piece of bread there later, there could be issues!
6. Wash veggies and fruits before you eat them…and wash them well!
7. The obvious…ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS! Who knows what is on them.
Don’t let food poisoning put your summer on hold. There is nothing worse than being sick while everyone is outside enjoying the beautiful weather. However, food poisoning does happen to even the most careful! In an emergency, it is best to know you are covered with health insurance in Mississippi. At Independent Insurance Agency Inc., we want to provide you with the best policy for you and your family. Our insurance policies will provide coverage for doctor visits, medical testing, prescriptions, surgeries, specialized care and more. We will cater to your Mississippi insurance needs. Happy (safe) grilling!